Welcome to Plantagenet Village Homes
To be recognised by the community for our leadership and excellence in facilitating access to quality affordable housing appropriate to the independent living needs of our valued seniors.
To ensure that seniors have access to an affordable quality housing opportunity that enables them to continue living independently within our community.
Plantagenet Village Homes commenced in 1971, with the formation of its management committee in order to fill an identified need for seniors housing in the Shire of Plantagenet.
Projects undertaken and completed include:
- 1971: Redman House – conversion of an existing convent to an 11 bed, aged persons hostel.
- 1974 – 1989: Redman Court – a staged development of 12, one and two bedroom, independent living units for seniors.
- 1995: Lions Venture Village – a Joint Venture Housing Project involving Homeswest, Shire of Plantagenet, Mt Barker Lions Club and Plantagenet Village Homes. This village comprises 10, one and two bedroom, independent living units for seniors who are financially eligible under Homeswest criteria.
- 1996: Overton Hostel – construction of a purpose built Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) replacing Redman House and accommodating 15 frail-aged residents. (Project cost: $1.65m).
- 2005: Langton – construction of an 8 bed, Dementia Specific unit attached to Overton Hostel. (Project cost: $1.4m).
- 2005: The Committee of Management, after lengthy consultation and collaboration with other health and community care providers and community groups, transferred ownership of Overton and Langton to the Plantagenet Cranbrook Health Service. A decision was then made to concentrate on only providing independent living units for seniors.
- 2009: Plans commenced to provide additional independent living units by development of Collet Barker Court.
- 2014: Collet Barker Court Stage 1 completed (5 Units) (Project cost: $1.76m)
- 2018: Collet Barker Court Stage 2 (Clubhouse) (Project cost: $585,890)
- 2018: Collet Barker Court Stage 3 (7 Units) (Project cost: $2,057,571)
- Bevan Lang (Chairperson)
- Iris Messmer (Deputy Chairperson)
- Linda Sounness
- Beth Campbell
- Beverley Mulvihill
- Ailsa Pomery
A part time Manager and Administration Assistant are employed by Plantagenet Village Homes.
Active Citizenship Award for a Community Group WINNER 2012